WHAT IS DBT?
DBT is a form of treatment that teaches skills to help individuals cope more effectively with day-to-day situations or problems.
There are four skills training modules in DBT:
1. Mindfulness – Mindfulness is the practice of being fully present in the here and now. It is an essential skill that helps you to access the other skills we teach in DBT. We will begin every 8 week training module with 2 weeks of Core Mindfulness Skills.
2. Interpersonal Effectiveness
· Establish and maintain appropriate and healthy boundaries
· Learn how to face and deal more effectively with conflict
· Improve and strengthen current relationships
· Increase confidence and self respect
3. Emotion Regulation
· Recognize, understand and validate your own emotional experience
· Reduce emotional vulnerability in stressful situations
· Reduce suffering and create a life worth living
4. Distress Tolerance
· Learn skills for tolerating painful events
· Crisis survival strategies
· Learn to manage and curb impulsivity and destructive urges
WHEN & WHERE:
Mindfulness and Interpersonal Effectiveness (8 week course)
Every Friday from 1:00- 2:30
Centerpeace Healing Arts in Ballard
1800 Market Street, Suite 210
Seattle, WA 98107
CONTACT – DBT GROUP FACILITATORS:
Jensa Ferguson, LMHC, NCC Leonora Cabrera, LMHCA
The cost for each 8 week skills training module is $400.00. Cash, checks and credit cards accepted. Payment plans available.
CALL TODAY 206-354-1915 or fill in the information below and I will contact you within 24 hours.